in-sandout is the new intestinal sand removal solution for your equine partner.
Sand ingestion leads to devastating issues in horses.
Sand can be consumed inadvertently by horses that are maintained on sandy soils, short pasture or fed hay or grain in sandy areas. This sand then accumulates in the large colon. Problems associated with sand accumulation include chronic and intermittent diarrhea, weight loss and colic. It may further impair gut health due to irritation and obstruction of the intestinal tract.
Research shows that psyllium husks and magnesium sulfate in combination, at a proper dosage are effective to remove, limit accumulation and mitigate sand-related issues. However, the issue with feeding psyllium husks on their own is many horses dislike the taste and texture of the high inclusion of psyllium husks.
in-sandout pellet is a sand removal solution that contains quality psyllium husk and magnesium sulphate with an optimised dosage regimen. in-sandout is formulated as a pellet with natural flavours and sweeteners for optimal intake and palatability.
Benefits of in-sandout:
- Stimulates Gastrointestinal health & motility
- Supports removal & avoids accumulation of sand
- Highly palatable & easy to feed
- Sugar free
- Backed by science
- Add in usual feed
- Feed for no longer than 7 days per month
- Ensure clean potable water is available at all times
- Ensure horses bowel movements are regular prior to feeding
- Take caution if feeding supplements containing magnesium, you may need to case while feeding in-sandout otherwise magnesium toxicity may occur
- DO NOT feed if impaction/intestinal blockage is present
- For best results, we recommend feeding with in-sideout to restore optimal intestinal health
Suggested Feeding Rates:
Feeding rate is dependent on sand load in the horse.
Prevention - 0.6g/kg of body weight for 5-7 days
Removal - 1.2g/kg of body weight for 5-7 days
1x 250mL cup = approx. 200g of in-sandout
|Feed Rate g/Day based on Sand Load|
|Horse Weight (kg)||Prevention||Removal|
- Psyllium Husk
- Magnesium Sulphate
- Flavour & Sweetner (does not contain sugar or molasses)